Become a Cape Fear Volunteer
Are you interested in volunteering with Cape Fear?
Hockey is a community, and the Cape Fear Hockey Association is a family!
Our organization runs on the time, commitment, and love of hockey from our parents, coaches, and players. We invite you to join us helping to move the organization forward.
We need assistance running the clock, helping in the locker room, managing teams, and even playing DJ during the games (music makes everything more fun!). See ways to volunteer with Cape Fear below.
Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Some volunteer positions require USA Hockey Registration, a background screening, and/or SafeSport certifications.
If you are unsure about the certifications required for volunteering, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE completing any certifications.
USA Hockey Registration
- Register for a USA Hockey Number
- Choose "Manager/Volunteer" option
- Screenings are valid for two seasons
- Screenings cleared between 04/01/21 and 03/31/22 are valid for the 21/22 and 22/23 season
SafeSport Training Modules
- SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are valid for twelve months
- Once you have completed the Core SafeSport Course, there will be a refresher course available. After completing the Refresher Course, you will take the Core Training the following season
*Please email Morgan Koskinen at email@example.com with your USA Hockey volunteer number and background screening receipt (if applicable) to verify your documentation and reimburse for the background screening. Once your SafeSport and background screening are marked complete you will be approved to volunteer (remember, not all volunteer positions require these certifications).
Reimbursements are processed on the 1st and 15th of the month and will be mailed to you. If you have not received communication from your respective volunteer coordinator or received your reimbursement, please reach out to Morgan Koskinen at firstname.lastname@example.org