Become a Cape Fear Volunteer
Are you interested in volunteering with Cape Fear?
Hockey is a community, and the Cape Fear Hockey Association is a family!
Our organization runs on the time, commitment, and love of hockey from our parents, coaches, and players. We invite you to join us helping to move the organization forward.
We need assistance running the clock, helping in the locker room, managing teams, and even playing DJ during the games (music makes everything more fun!). See ways to volunteer with Cape Fear below.
Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Some volunteer positions require USA Hockey Registration, a background screening, and/or SafeSport certifications.
If you are unsure about the certifications required for volunteering, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE completing any certifications.
USA Hockey Registration
- Register for a USA Hockey Number
- Choose "Manager/Volunteer" option
- Screenings are valid for two seasons
SafeSport Training Modules
- SafeSport Training and Refresher Training are valid for twelve months
- Once you have completed the Core SafeSport Course, there will be a refresher course available the following season. After taking the refresher course you will be requried to take the full core course the following year.
Please email Morgan Koskinen at email@example.com with your USA Hockey volunteer number and background screening receipt (if applicable) to verify your documentation. Once your SafeSport and background screening are marked complete you will be approved to volunteer (remember, not all volunteer positions require these certifications).
*Reimbursement available upon prior approval by hockey director.
Our organization is not endorsed by the Department of Defense or the United States Army and this is a non-federal entity.
CFYHA is not part of the Department of Defense or any of its components and has no governmental status.